I Don’t Even Know What The Title Of This Post Should Be
I took a moment to stop and think. Probably not the best idea I’ve had…
Why do I have this blog? The pictures are beautiful, but really, they are mostly pictures I share that other people have uploaded. So, not only am I not the photographer, I’m not even the guy who found the photo in the first place. When I do take the time to link pics, they mostly go unnoticed. The times I feel daring enough to post one of my own, I see that my photos pale in comparison.
I’ve received some positive feedback from folks on Twitter & Facebook about the things I share on Tumblr, and I’m thankful for that. I truly am. However, it’s gotten to the point where my frustration with my own efforts in photography is starting to impact my enjoyment of photography, in general. I’ve done my best to stick to the landscape theme, but to what purpose? Initially, it was a window to the world for me & a way to experience beauty. However, the images are starting to blur together. The trees, mist, stars, mountains, lakes, flowers & everything are starting to look the same, and they are starting to lose their vibrancy. I know the beauty is there. I just am starting to think that my blog has lost that spark if it ever had one to begin with. Also, the fact that most of what I post is actually a repost from someone else’s blog shows that what I’m trying to do is really already being done. Not only that, it’s being done better.
I’m at a point where I honestly don’t know the right way to continue. What is a good frequency for sharing blog posts that are almost all photos? Should there be more than just photos? Should the theme of the blog start to have a wider spectrum? Should I post more text & interactive stuff?
Should I just be thankful I had a good run & bag it? Maybe I could focus on Google+ or something like that.
I seriously want to hear from you. What do you think?
7 Notes/ Hide
- rjmadonna answered:As long as you post SOMETHING, it’s you that matters Papa, not the content.
- cosmic-flavor answered:I enjoy all the pictures you post. I personally re-blog whatever catches my eye. You should broaden your view. It doesn’t have 2 be one theme
- mt-ghost answered:I absolutely get your points. had the same doubts myself, so I had a need to change my posts a bit + started posting some personal ones
- chobbithobbit answered:HI Jake, i’m @ChobbitHobbit from Twitter and one of your biggest fans! I think deep down u really enjoy what u do & I would be sad to c u go!
- magicalnaturetour answered:I just started following you today since enchantedengland recommended you. You should stay; she has good taste :))
- adialogue answered:Have you considered posting photos with your words, poetry (yours or others),descriptions, evocations - it gives you a connection, deepens it
- enchantedengland likes this
- jakewobegon posted this